EG 13 TV-L
ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING AND PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
FOR THE INVESTIGATION OF FLUIDS FLOWS BEHIND BUBBLES
The position is a permanent full-time position, temporary position for 36 months from the date of hire.
Our small research group at the Heinrich Blasius Institute (HBI) investigates mixing structures behind rising bubbles and their influence on chemical reactions. The research is funded by the German research foundation (DFG) and will be conducted in close collaboration with the Institute for Multiphase Flows (Hamburg University of Technology).
- Design and setup of an experiment with controlled bubble generation
- Flow measurements via Particle Tracking Velocimetry (PTV)
- Image data analysis to determine the mixing structures in the wake of bubble
- Determination of the influence of mixing structures on chemical reactions in multiphase flows
- Generation of mathematical correlations for the description of mass transport behind the bubble
- Scientific university degree (master's degree or equivalent) in process engineering, mechanical engineering or a comparable scientific field of study
- Proper written and spoken English
- Practical experience in data analysis of large data sets, especially image processing, programming experience with Matlab or Python
- Experimental experience in the field of flow measurement technology
- Interest in laboratory and workshop work, in particular setting up measurement equipment
- Ability to classify results in superordinate concepts / models
- Willingness to continuously advance data analysis and measurement technology
WHAT WE OFFER
a dynamic position in an interesting area of work at an open-minded, forward-thinking university
- membership in a team that welcomes your contributions and supports you during the onboarding and orientation process
support with obtaining further qualification/s as part of your doctoral studies
- a centrally located workplace with good public transport access at the Berliner Tor
the opportunity to purchase a reduced-rate hvv ProfiTicket for the public transport system
30 days of holiday annually (based on a five-day work week) and a workplace pension
flexible and family-friendly working hours
WE LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Please describe how you meet the position requirements and send us the following documents:
a cover letter, your CV and copies of the required degree/educational certificates,
an up-to-date assessment or letter of reference (no more than three years old),
where applicable, proof of a disability or equivalent status,
declaration of consent to review your personnel file, together with the name of the unit currently responsible for the file (for public service employees only).
We especially encourage women to apply. Because they are underrepresented in this organisational area, they will be given priority in those cases where two or more applicants demonstrate equal suitability, qualifications and professional achievements / experience.
You can find more information about HAW Hamburg, equal opportunities measures, data protection, and educational qualifications from outside of Germany, as well as for people with a disability and those with equivalent status, on our job openings information page.
If you have questions about the job posting, please contact:
Prof. Dr. von Kameke, T + 49 151 2571 8547, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions related to human-resources matters, please contact
Inga Wirth, T + 49 40 428 75 9815, email@example.com